Friday, February 29, 2008

WE HAVE PUPPIES!




Chloe finally had her puppies yesterday. She had 5 puppies!! 5 is alot for a little chihuahua. Normally they have about 3. The last litter Chloe had 3 years ago, she had 6 puppies. Poor girl! She did wonderful though. She is such a good momma. She had her first at 1:20 and the last at 4:40. The first two are a cream colored and then a chocolate one and a lt. brown and then another cream. They are so adorable!! They make this cute little noise when they cry, except for at three in the morning. Chloe had the pups in Aaron and my bedroom on my side of the bed. That's where she normally sleeps. We had her nesting box all set up in a little nook in the living room but she decided differently. I moved the box so I wouldn't have a mess in my blankets. :) The first one got it's head stuck coming out so I had to assist alittle. I was so afraid that I had waited to long that this puppy would die. It didn't and it's such a cutie. The rest all came quick and easy. Not sure on the sex of all the pups, Chloe has been a very protective momma. We do know that the chocolate one is a male and one of the cream pups is a female. All the cream ones look alike so I'm not sure if I've checked the same one each time. :) They are really all adorable!!

0 comments: