Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The First Rambling




I've tried boggin before and I just couldn't seem to keep up with it. Hopefully I will do better here. :) That way all of you guys can keep up on my life and the way the girls are growing and changing. So here it is the first of hopefully many ramblings. :)




I can't believe that it is only Tuesday. It seems like it should be so much further into the week. Probably with all these snow days and everything I am just so off. Logan didn't have a snowday yesterday. Every other school in the area except for Spring Lake and Grand Haven. I couldn't believe it. I had Emily since last Thursday and she had a snow day so she just hung out for one more night. Aaron took over his dad's buisness for the past week and a half, since he's been out of town, and last night he got a service call he had to go do after he got out of his job. He didn't get home until 7:00pm. Poor guy.




Today's been a pretty good day so far. I got Logan up and off to school on time , he sure can putz around in the mornings! Man, most days I have to give him a swift kick in the pants to get moving. :) Grammy Kathy came over at quarter to 10 so Kallie and I could go to Toddler Time at the library and she watched Sadie and Zander for me.


Toddler Time's theme this week was Hearts for You and they read Valentine theme books and then she made a Heart guy. A heart with accordian legs and arms. They have everything cut out and you just have to put them all together. Kal's turned out cute. His eyes are close to the bottom and she drew a bunch a squigglies all over. I love being able to take her to do that kind of stuff..


Yesterday I got all craftys' with the girls and we did hand flower pictures for Valentines. I took their hands and put them in red pant and then on the paper. I then painted green stems on each hand to look like a bunch of flowers. They turned out soo cute. Kallie hated to have the paint on her hand. She hates anything like that on her hands. I then gave her the brush and she went to town painting. She didn't want to stop and Sadie just tried to eat it. :) I don't get that cradfty with them often but I think I might more now. Pam (Emily's mom) gave me a great website called http://www.perpetualpreschool.com/ and it has tons of ideas for everything!!!! It'll give you a holiday and songs and snacks and craft and all kind of things to do. It's great!!!




Man, I am feeling so BLAH today. I need sunshine!!!! NO more snow. Just lots and lots of sunshine!!!! I just got all of our tax stuff put together and sent with Emily to school for Shawna to give to Dwayne ( the guy who does them for us). I am so glad to get all that off my back. For us for taxes, because I do respite in my home I am considered a buisness so I have alot more stuff to get together. Like cable bills, electric, phone bills, receipts for cleaning supplies for the home and I have to figure out how many hours I had respite in my home. We had 3800 hours of respite in 2007!!! I was explaining it to Logan this morning and we figured that in all of July we only had 72 hours without a respite in the home!!!! WE had a full summer!!!!! If you don't know what respite is it is where I take special needs kids into my home and care for them. The 2 main kids I watch are more severly handicapped with feeding tubes and diapers. By doing this respite and caring for these kids, esp. Emily (i'm sure you'll hear lots about her). I am able to be a stay at home mom. I love being able to stay home and raise my kids and take care of my home. I go to Emily's home 4 nights a week for 2 hours and shower her and get her in bed and then on 2 or more weekends a month or whenever needed Emily comes to my house. I am so thankful for Pam (Em's mom) to have worked with me so that I can take care of Emily and stay home with my girls.




Well, I probably have rambled enough for this first time. :) I better get some other stuff done around the house. :)








1 comments:

momofmany13 said...

Just loved reading your blog. Keep up the good work.

Lots of Love, MOM