Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day




Happy Valentines Day everybody!

These are the pics the girls did the other day. I love how they turned out!


No major plans for us today. I have to take Logan to a Drs. appointment at 4:30 and work tonight at Emilys. That's my big V-Day plans. So exciting I know. :) I'm hoping I can talk Aaron into going out for dinner sometime this weekend. I've got Emily only overnight on Friday. Pam'll pick her up sometime on Sat. I'm also planning on going to church on Sunday morning. I didn't get to go last week because I had Emily and Heather (my other respite) Sunday morning and the weather was really nasty.




I've really been doing better at getting to church lately. More than I have all summer. Summers are a little harder for me to get there because of all the respite I do but I've learned now that if I want to go I just leave them with Aaron and take the girls with me. The girls love to go. Sadie is in Grampy Tiemeyer class in Baby Bay and Kallie just loves playing with all the kids in her class. Some weeks she doesn't want to leave her class. I love that.


WE go to Mars Hill which is about a 30-45 min drive from home so it takes us alittle more effort to get there. It is so worth the drive though! I am really loving going again. It's what I need.


I would really love to find a bible study group or even a mom's group around here that I can get into. I need some more adult contact besides Aaron and Pam. It needs to be in the mornings or early afternoons because my evenings is when I care for Emily. I'm gonna get on Mar's website when I am done here and see if I can find something.




Yeah, we actually had sun yesterday!!!! It was so nice. A really nice change from all the cloudy,snowy days. I went and took pics. of the yard yesterday to show you how much snow we've gotten. I don't ever remember the snowpiles in the back going all the way across or that high in the years since we've lived here. The kids really love all the piles in the back to sled down. Kallie just loves it!!! Aaron took her out last Friday night with Alex and we couldn't get her back inside. She loved it!!! She's going to be my little snow bunny. :) Grammy Kathy was talking about teaching her how to ski in a year or two. Maybe she can have a ski partner now that Logan is old enough to snowboard that's all he wants to do. Grammy Kathy has been taking Logan the last couple year out skiing. Getting him lessons and equipment. I guess that skiing is something that Grammy Kathy will be doing with the girls also.




THe girls and Aaron's boys are the only grankids for Aaron's mom (Grammy Kathy) and that's why she likes to do lots of stuff with them and taking them skiing and that sort of thing. Kallie just loves her. She's getting old enough now that she'll take little trips just her and Grammy. They went out for lunch and shopping one day. I love seeing Kallie getting all excited to see her Gramma's. Even seeing my parents on Sunday and when I get over to their house. I love that my kids can do all this stuff with their Granparents. My grandparents weren't around that much. My mom's parents did the snowbird thing and we got to see them atleast once in the summer before they left. I remember going to Sany Pines and swimming and going on Grandpa's boat. My dad's parents lived in Florida but they would come up and visit in the summer. We saw them more. They always had King Peppermints or Lemon Drops in a tin in their car. It was always a treat to go out to the car and get one. I remember my grandpa would always call us silly names and if we were being naughty he would give us the death grip on our arm. He also loved to read and I remeber these old gold covered book set that we had and whenever they were over he would read them. He also smelled like stale ciggarettes and BO. :) What a thing to remember. He's been gone for 10? or so years now. But I remember those little things about him. My mom's mom has been gone a year? now and the things I remember about her is the way she was always tan and her hair was always dyed. I rememer her smile too. My mom's dad is still alive and in Flordia but not doing very well. I already told Aaron that when he passes I want to be at the funeral. I remember him calling my brothers Oswald. All of the boys were Oswald. :) He would always ask the boys about sports and how they were doing. My dad's mom is also still here and still going strong. She now lives closer to us and we see her alittle more now but she is gone alot too. She loves to do alot of mission stuff. Wow, I didn't realize how long this was getting. Once the memories started they just kept coming.




Time to pickup the house, again, and get ready for Logan to get home.


Have a Happy Valentines Day!




0 comments: