Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hump Day


I have a house full of munchkins today. Jacinda didn't have school today and Logan had a half day. I also had to pick Alex up after I got Logan 'cause he didn't have school today either and I guess Corrie ( his mom) had to work. So I had six munchkins running around today. Definitely a full house.


WE had Logans school conference Monday. He's starting to slack so we have to give him a swift kick in the pants to get his poop in a group again. He even asked his teacher if he could copy off someone else's paper!!!! His teacher said that if he has enough gumption to ask me to copy off someones paper he can definitely do it himself. Aaron and I totally agree. We are definitely dealing with him slacking at home to. We are really trying to work with him to have him do stuff his self. That Dad and I aren't going to do it for him. We even told his Grandma Teddy to make him do stuff himself. She is really bad about doing stuff for him. So it's a total retraining with him. So far he hasn't done to bad these last couple days. WE just have to stay on top of him and remind him. He has another half day tomorrow and then no school on Friday. If the weather is not bad he's going to go to work with Grampa Blair. Blair hauls scrap metal from junkyards to scrapyards with a semi. Logan loves riding in the semi and going to the scrapyards. So he's hoping for good weather cause he really wants to go.


Logan also had a school music concert Monday night. He did a really great job and played his recorder great. :) Aaron got a kick out of how young I am compared to all the other 4th grade mom's. I'm atleast 7-10 years younger than all the other moms. If Logan was to have been my child, I would have been 13 when I had him!!! Logan and Aaron joke about how all Logan's buddies are going to want to come over to Logan's house because his mom's hot. :P Those boys crack me up!!


We also learned some new information regarding Logan's mom Monday night and that threw us for a loop. It was the real reason why she is in jail. Come to find out Gramma Teddy had lied to us. So then we had to figure out how much do we tell Logan. I called and talked to Logan's counselor to figure out how much we should tell him, because the real reason behind Micah's jail time was way more serious that what we were told. Logan's counselor suggest we just tell him the truth and be honest with the kid and let him feel the situation out. Micah is also getting out on the 14th so then we had to figure out visitation details. Man, what a mess!!! If Teddy had been honest with us in the first place we wouldn't have had this mess. We asked Logan how he felt about everything and the thing he was upset about the most was Gramma Teddy lieing to him. I just feel bad for Logan having to deal with all this at such a young age. Such alot of emotional stuff for a ten year old to deal with. We keep telling Logan that we are always going to there for him. We are not going to go anywhere and that we love him. We try to keep reassuring him that we aren't ever going to leave him. Micah has been in and out of Logan's entire life and will probably continue on that path. Logan and I joke about a comment that was said on the tv show REBA. Jake tells Reba that he is never going to leave her. Not even when he's dead. He's going to be creamated and put in a jar next to her bed that way she can see him every morning when she wakes up. :) Logan and I joked that that's what we are going to do to Aaron and that he's going to be next to Logans bed. :) So far Logan is doing okay with what we told him. He said to me this morning before he left for school, " I'm never going to forget what you and dad told me last night. " I guess we just wait and see how things go when Micah gets out. We told him that he could see her and spend time with her but no sleepovers for now and he understood. He was okay with that.


Time to get some stuff done before I gotta make supper! Toodles!

0 comments: